March 29, 2017
We Are Not Ignoring You: 2017 Edition
We're Not Ignoring You (unless you're just looking for attention)!
Artix Entertainment tries to set it self apart from other game companies in a lot of ways but one of the most important is how much we interact with you guys. Any of you who follow my Twitter or like our AQW AQW Facebook Page know this to be true.
We love talking to you and even when we don't love what we hear, we love that you care enough to tell us what you don't like and we try and fix it. Unfortunately, we are not always logged in to Twitter (we do sleep on occasion) and when we are, we all have a LOT of people talking to us (at this time I have 91,000 Twitter followers and Artix has ove 134,000!) so If we don't reply to you it's probably because we either missed your Tweet or because we can't reply to every single Tweet.
Please try and understand that there is no way that we can answer every tweet, much less meet up with every single person who asks to meet us in-game. We would never have time for anything else. (Twitter is a great platform for talking to you guys and getting feedback, but NOT for fixing account issures or reporting bugs.)
Another thing to mention is that, even though Devs, Mods, and Testers are on twitter, they cannot help you with account issues.
Devs (or Game Developers) are the people who spend all week building each new release for you to play, and fixing the bugs that you have reported on the BUG Tracker. We also have a lot of other jobs dealing with game development and community outreach. All that stuff takes up the entire week (which is why some releases come to you a little later than others) and our jobs don't leave time for much else. In the rare cases when we DO find ourselves with extra time, we make side releases, contests, or work ahead on new game ideas!
So you can see we Developers keep pretty busy with our own stuff. That's why we have Moderators to help you and protect you in-game and Player Support to help you outside the game with account and payment issues.
Nythera, Neveya, Vidra, & Lady Tomo make up the Player Support team. Their primary job is taking care of you and your account issues. They do a fantastic job and are often overlooked for all the effort that they put into making AE function.
The Player Support team receives THOUSANDS of e-mails EVERY DAY and they read every single one of them, but with so much to do, they can get a little behind sometimes and can't reply to you instantly so if you have a problem, please be patient.
Sora to Hoshi and her team of Moderators handle a lot of in-game issues. Everytime someone is using foul language or trying to scam or trade accounts, it is THESE heroes to quietly step in and take action to try and keep the game as fun as safe as they can, and many of these mods are volunteers. They are giving their own time to sort through reports for no reason other than they really CARE about making AQW a safe and fun place for everyone, but they need YOUR help.
If you see someone that they shouldn't be, click on their portrait and use the REPORT function to bring them to the attention of the Mods!
Reens, Cemaros, and their game/bug testers aren't responsible for any in-game moderation. Reens' game testers look at the releases before they go out to help catch bugs before you guys do. Cemaros' bug testers check on the bug reports you send in to the Bug Tracker. They spend their own free time trying to help make AQWorlds a better, more fun game for everyone!
- A Dev's Job is making the games.
- Player Support's job is taking care of account and payment issues.
- Moderators handle mutes and bans of in-game rule breakers.
- Testers check on the releases beforehand and confirm your bug reports after you send them in.
Each team has their hands full. That is why Devs can't help you with your account or payment issues when you ask for help over Twitter. It's not because we don't want to, it's because it's not what we do and we literally CAN'T help you in most cases.
Telling the us DEV's over Twitter about your account issues is just about as useful as telling a bowl of soup to fix your broken TV.
It's the same reason that Doctors don't put out fires, Firefighters don't pick up your garbage and Waste Workers don't do open heart surgery. They each have their own job that keeps them quite busy.
If you are having account or payment issues the best thing you can do is head to the HELP PAGE and if you ask us for help over Twitter, that is why we direct you there instead of fixing your account.
Please understand that we really do want to help you (of COURSE we do... we WANT you to play AQW!) and we all do our very best to point you in the right direction to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible. :)
I DON'T WANT TO GET HACKED!
If you don't want to lose your account there are 5 simple things that you should do.
- Pick a VERY GOOD PASSWORD. Make it hard to guess, use letters AND numbers. Avoid simple or passwords like AAAAAAA, qwerty, asdasdasd, 12345, 54321, or your character's name.
- Never share your account with anyone (even your siblings or best friend).
- Never tell anyone your password, no matter who they say they are or what they promise you. There are TONS of fake Cyseros, Alinas, Artixs and other AE fake AE staff ALL OVER Facebook and Twitter. AE STAFF WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD.
We don't need your password. We have access to all of your accounts right now.
- Hook your AQW account up to your BATTLEON PORTAL account! If something ever does happen, it's an extra level of security and helps Player Support fix your up faster.
- Never use Hacks, Cheats or Bots. Many of these programs will secretly install a trojan virus called a KEYSTROKE LOGGER on your computer. This virus records everything that you type (passwords, credit card info, which websites you visit) and sends the information back to the creators.
Thanks to Cysero for the original post, which has been updated.