May 04, 2012
Doomwood Part 2 BEGINS!
"Making the world... a darker place..."
The original DoomWood is one of the most popular and memorable storylines in the history of the game. Following up a hit (not unlike making a sequel to a hit movie) is a pretty big challenge. You need to take the story deeper... innovate... do something daring (and in our case, blatantely against the rules). This new DoomWood 2 Saga is a 5 parter which will start tonight. The story will start as so many of you were hoping, taking you deep within the Necropolis. But each week... it will spiral faster and faster into madness. If you want to make a hit sequel... you will have to break ALL the rules. I REALLY hope you enjoy it friend... BATTLE ON!
Artix & Vayle outside the Necropolis... good memories.
In tonight's release
- DoomWood Part 2 Storyline begins!!!
- New items throughout the release including shop items, monster drops, quest rewards designed by Dage, Solrac, Veneeria, Aegis, Jemini, end even Cysero!
- 2 new epic maps by J6
- 2 new storyline cutscenes by Samba
- 4 new monsters including the 5-headed Dracolich (which technically makes it 9 monsters since each head is animated as a seperate monster.)
- New Necropolis music by Reeki (Warlic's apprentice)
- Insane Challenge fight for Members
- Blinding Light of Destiny Quest chain begins (2 quests released this week. Note: It will be the hardest and longest quest chain in the game... ever. Probably taking 6 months or more to fully complete. In a more reasonable amount of time you will be able to create OTHER weapons of Blinding Light will be used in later parts of DoomWood. As promised years ago, this quest chain is for both Free players and Members players.)
- Sepulchure's Armor Quest chain begins (To reforge Sepulchure's DoomKnight armor back to it's former power.... there will be an opportunity for you to steal it.)
- ATTENTION DragonFable players... I met with Geopetal and... in tonight's release we are dropping some MAJOR backstory plot bombs!
DoomKnight OverLord CHALLENGE FIGHT!
As a special bonus this week... we put in, what we believe, is an impossible battle against two DoomKnight OverLords. You have proven us wrong in the past. We are looking forward to your screenshots.
Xan Poster Heats Up Heromart!
Get fired up with our newest DragonFable-themed poster, NOW at HeroMart! Featuring Xan, DragonFable's premiere pyromancer, the poster comes with red-hot rewards in both DragonFable and AdventureQuest Worlds!
Both the signed and unsigned versions of the Xan Poster come with the Fire Claw Scythe, which has a special animation triggered by using the auto-attack skill! (You will need the spitfire enhancement equipped for the special to work.) Be the first in your party to show off this all-new, blazing battle technique!
The poster is 24" x 36" (61 cm x 91cm) and costs $25 USD for a version signed by all of the staff at the Lab, or $9.95 USD for an unsigned version!
July 14, 2011
Legendary Release Lineup GO!
Noxious Noxus Boss Battle Blowout!
This Friday the showdown in Shadowfall BEGINS! There's something rotten in Doomwood, and all noses point towards Noxus' rotting corpse! If you want to save Gravelyn, the Alliance, and Artix, you'll need to break through the massive battalions of undead and take Noxus DOWN!
We're also stocking some NEW awesome additions to the War Merge shop and epic rare items for monster drops, so get in there and BATTLE ON!
ArcAttack is Electrifying!
Next Friday at sundown AQWorlds will team up with the epicly electric musical guest star, ArcAttack! These mad scientists will fuse music and energy in an experiment that will ROCK THE WORLD! That much power would make Vordred COMPLETELY unstoppable! You've got to save the scientists and stop Vordred's super-charged takeover attempt, so get ready to grab a guitar and turn the amps up to 900,000 in this special musical event!
Here is some video of Arc Attack Performing... it is really something that needs to be seen to be believed!
You may have seen Arc Attack perform on Amercia's Got Talent. Here is a snippet from the show giving you a a little more information on the band.
Meet and play with ArcAttack in-game in ONE WEEK during AdventureQuest World's most SHOCKING musical event!
DoomWood's Finale - The Nature of Darkness!
On July 29th, the ultimate battle between Light and Dark will come to an end! Face death, destruction, and Darkness... and its Champion! Artix's story will not be complete until YOU finish telling it, Hero!
SATURDAY at 10 AM EST - LQS!
Set your alarms for 10 AM server time, because the Limited Quantity Shop is BACK! It's stocked with gear that's sure to get grabbed up FAST, so if you want a chance to equip the coolest in Tomix-designed steampunk wear or rock the Soul Harvester set that Dage has made, you'll need to move quick!
Here's a handy online time zone converter to make logging in at just the right moment a little easier!
- SteamGear Armor - 900 AC - 7,000 qty
- SteamGear Helm - 300 AC - 7,000 qty
- Gilded Coffin Cape - 150 AC - 7,000 qty
- Dire Daggers -300 AC - 3,500 qty
- SteamGear Bow - 200 AC - 3,500 qty
- Clockwork Moglin Member pet - 25,000 gold -7,000 qty
- Soul Harvester Armor - 700 AC - 9,000 qty
- Soul Harvester Hood - 300 AC - 9,000 qty
- Soul Harvester Spear - 200 AC - 9,000 qty
- 2 swords -250 AC - 3,000 qty
- 1 non-Member sword -25,000 gold - 30,000 qty
- 1 axe - 250 AC - 3,000 qty
- 1 staff -250 AC - 3,000 qty
Sensational SteamGear Armor
Spectacular Soul Harvester Armor
Cunningly Cute Clockwork Moglin
AEXtras is still a great way to get FREE ADVENTURECOINS and even FREE BATTLEON POINTS, and with new Inventory, Bank slots and Preimere Event rares to buy there's never been a better time!
Just CLICK HERE to get started!
We've got a LOT lined up for the rest of July! We hope you've enjoyed the DoomWood zone so far, but hold on to your helms because you haven't seen ANYTHING yet!