February 19, 2024
Over 250 contestants submitted 500 entries, making this one of our most amazing contests ever!
Hey there, heroes! The moment we have all been eagerly awaiting is finally here! We are thrilled to announce the winners of the Dage vs Nulgath Draw Your Weapon Contest 🏆💀😈
With over 250 talented participants submitting a whopping 500 entries, our judges faced an overwhelming challenge unlike any I have ever experienced. Every entry displayed a unique blend of passion, creativity, and artistic brilliance, so narrowing down the winners was no easy feat – even with the help of 15 judges!
Now that 7500 votes have been cast and tallied… it’s time to reveal our wonderful winners!
Beleen, our amazing panel of judges who are most certainly tuckered out, and the AQW team
January 12, 2024
Draw your sword… literally! Full contest details below.
Welcome to the ultimate clash of clans! To celebrate the upcoming birthdays of our beloved overlords, we are hosting an exciting contest for Nulgath and Dage devotees:
Draw Your Weapon Contest!
Prove your allegiance to Dage’s Undead Legion… or pledge your loyalty to Nulgath’s Nation… through the power of artistic endeavors! This contest allows you to draw any weapon you see fit to be forged for the Nation or the Legion. Winners will have their weapons made by the Artix devs and transformed into game items for everyone in the AQWorld to enjoy!
- 2 weapon designs per player
- Sketch AND finished art required
- Your art MUST be created by you
- 2 categories: Dage or Nulgath
- 3 winners in each category
- Winners chosen & announced in February
- Winning weapons released in March as 0 AC rewards
Full Contest Guidelines
Eligibility & Rules:
- All players and all artists welcome, no matter your skill level or faction affiliation
- Open to Humans only – meaning no AI art allowed
- Your art MUST be made by you (so no copying / stealing / using someone else’s work)
- Sketch, line art, or concept art also required with your entry to prove you’re awesome
- Your AQW account must be in good standing in order to place
- Up to 2 weapon entries allowed per player
- While you CAN submit older weapons you designed in the past, you MUST have a sketch proving that you indeed designed that weapon
- Using someone else’s work or using AI art will lead to an automatic disqualification
Craft, draw, or doodle diabolical weapons that highlight the essence of
💀 Dark Lord Dage and the Undead Legion
~ or ~
😈 ArchFiend Nulgath and his Nation
- Submissions can be in any visual art, including digital illustration, traditional drawing, or hecc, even sculptures! Be as creative as you want!
- No AI art allowed whatsoever. You don’t wanna make Dage AND Nulgath angry. Yiiikes 👀
- Begins January 12, 2024
- Ends Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 11:59pm EST
- Winners will be announced in February, and all items will be released in March for everyone to farm because March is the MONTH OF EVIL! MWAHAHA! Although, what is not evil is the fact that these weapons will be marked as 0 AC rewards so every AQW player can enjoy!
How to Enter:
- Dream your weapon design; draw, illustrate, sculpt, or creatively create your weapon(s)
- Take a picture of your sketch, work-in-progress, or concept art
- Take a pic of your finished weapon design
- Up to 2 weapon entries allowed per player
- Sign your AQW Character Name on your art
- Submit entries in the comments section of this Artix.com post, and/or on socials:
- And don’t forget to type your AQW Character Name in your comment / tweet, too!
🤩 Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.
💪 Artistic skill doesn’t guarantee a win; we are also looking for weapon designs that have a great concept or potential.
Prizes & Winnings:
- The judges will select 3 winning weapons for Nulgath and 3 winning weapons for Dage.
- Each winner will get their weapon created in AQW, the Birthday Collection Chest belonging to the overlord they salute, 2000 AdventureCoins, and the Contest Winner Character Page Badge!
- The winning weapons will be made into AQW items for everyone to wield, and the artist will be credited in the weapon description – and ofc on the DNs when we announce the winners :) Winners will obviously get their curated weapon sent straight to their inventory once it’s forged in AQW!
- Honorable Mentions will also be selected since our community is just too darn talented; these runner ups will receive 1,000 ACs and a Character Page Badge.
This contest is like our ‘player-inspired items’ we did back in the early days of the game. A fan favorite for sure, and personally some of my fondest memories! And I know this contest will create amazing memories as well 🤩 So once the judges have chosen the winners, the AQW team will get to work creating the winning weapons. Our artists will try their best to keep true to the artist’s design, but some details might have to get omitted or altered a bit to work within the game. Just throwing that out there as a disclaimer and a heads-up!
Now… let the faction feud begin
The time has come, heroes and villains and overlord minions: choose your side, pick your artistic arsenal, and let the colors collide! They say the Wacom Pen is mightier than the sword… and now’s your chance to prove it.
Beleen, the judges, and the birthday bois Nulgath & Dage
December 04, 2023
The HeroMart Poster Contest was a HUGE success!
The time has finally come to unveil the extraordinary talent within our amazing community. Drumroll, please...
We are thrilled to announce the incredible winners of the HeroMart Poster Design Contest! The level of talent displayed in all the entries was truly outstanding, making the judging process challenging yet awe-inspiring. We are blown away by the incredible talent that poured into each submission, and we cannot believe how exceptionally gifted you all are 🤩
Without further ado, let's celebrate our amazingly talented artists!
🥇 1st Place Winner: Rod_X
!!! This is absolutely incredible, Rod_X! Your art brought back so many nostalgic memories of playing AQWorlds for the first time. Seeing those classic Class trainers illustrated so beautifully on a big poster like that landed you the coveted 1st Place prize! Congratulations, Rod_X! Not only will you receive 10,000 Artix Points and the “Contest Winner” character badge in AQW, but your art will also be made into a glorious 24” x 36” Poster for everyone to enjoy at HeroMart.com. Oh, and of course we’ll be mailing you a stack of your posters since you’re going to be famous someday soon!! Amaaaaaaaazing work, Rod_X!
Head on over to Artix.com to see all our other amazing winners (and a super slow page load speed because we have like 25 winners)!
Beleen and the entire Artix Entertainment team who are still reeling over how incredible our community is <3
November 22, 2023
The Design a HeroMart Poster Contest was a resounding success! The winning entries are testament to the talent within our amazing community… and will also make wonderful gifts to share with the world!
Hiya heroes! We were overwhelmed by the incredible talent that poured into each submission for the HeroMart Poster Design Contest. A heartfelt thank you to all participants who turned their canvas into a kaleidoscope of creativity! We cannot believe how incredibly talented you all are! The diversity and originality of the entries left our judging panel in awe; even Dage himself was SUPER impressed.
With soooo many outstanding submissions, narrowing down the winners was no easy task. From vibrant designs that caught the eye to emotionally powerful pieces, each poster told a unique story. This is a mere testament to the rich tapestry of talent within our gaming community!
All these artistic endeavors have set the stage (and raised the bar) for a festive indulgence: the winner’s poster will be released just in time for the holidays, AND the runner-ups will have their art pieces made into prints!
We will begin emailing our winners early next week to privately discuss getting their art up on HeroMart. Later that week, we will publicly announce all our winners and special mentions, so stay tuned for that!
A sincere thank you to every participant who poured their hearts and souls into the HeroMart Poster Design Contest. You are all so incredibly talented!! Your creativity made this competition a true celebration of art and our beloved community of gamers. The gift of your artistic expression will be one that keeps on giving, and we can't wait to share it with the world just in time for the holiday season 🎁🎄☃️
Get ready to unwrap the magic and stay tuned for the big announcement next week!
Beleen, the awe-struck judges, and the entire Artix Entertainment team including our lovely HeroMart helpers :)
November 14, 2023
GIFs are the gifts that keep on giving! Join us in celebrating our 40 winners of AQW's GIF contest!
Greetings, adventurers! The moment we've all been waiting for has arrived! After weeks of fierce competition, creativity, and anticipation, we are thrilled to announce the winners of our "Create a GIF Contest" in honor of AQW’s 15th birthday.
No surprise here, but our community went above and beyond and embraced the challenge, sharing their passion and love for our game through awesome GIFs. These little animated marvels captured the heart and soul of our beloved world (and one entry even brought a tear to our eye!). Although it was hard narrowing down our favorites – since there were over 300 entries, ermahgerd! – the judging panel has tallied all the scores, and now comes the time to reveal the winners at Artix.com ...
... because I can't figure out how to upload GIFs here, lol!
Thank you all for being a part of our incredible community, and thank you for joining us for AQW’s 15th Birthday bash. Fifteen cheers to many more years of unforgettable quests and epic adventures!
Happy Birthday AQW, and battle on!
Beleen, Yoshino, the judges, and the AQW team!
October 20, 2023
Start. Your. Scribbles! In order to celebrate so many game birthdays this month AND Artix Entertainment’s 21st Anniversary, we are inviting you to design a poster for HeroMart!
Greetings, salutations, and welcome to the HeroMart Poster Design Contest! We invite aspiring artists and seasoned illustrators from around the world to showcase their creativity by designing a poster for HeroMart.com. Since we are celebrating many game birthdays this month, and ntm the 21st anniversary of Artix Entertainment, this poster can feature your favorite Artix game… or an Artix Entertainment-themed poster in general! This is your chance to leave your mark on HeroMart and across the Artix gaming realms while also winning exciting prizes.
For this contest, we are looking for the best 🌟 Finished Poster Design 🌟 like something you’d see on HeroMart. Although this contest is open to everyone, it is best suited for artists who have professional tools, art software, and know what 150+ DPI is.
Once our judges have selected the winner(s), our Artix artists will work with the winner(s) to bring the posters to life on HeroMart!
But an important note to address before we get into the contest deets:
Is AI art allowed?
No. While it’s true AI can make some of the raddest looking things with 6 fingers and wonky legs, we want this contest to be fair for everyone. Plus, we want to showcase the true art our community can make with passion, love, and a whole lotta erasers.
For each entry, we will require a work-in-progress (WIP) screenshot / picture to be provided, such as a sketch or lineart to prove this was done by a human – or a vampire, cat girl, dog boy, dragonkin, moglin, or whatever else you identify as :)
All in all: AI art is NOT allowed, and if we find out AI was used, it will disqualify that player from the contest.
Now that’s out of the way… on to the good stuff!
HeroMart Poster Contest Details
- Contest Start Date: Friday, October 20, 2023
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
- Winner Announcement: Depending on the number of entries received, we will announce the winners on the Design Notes and on social media within 3 weeks after the deadline. Hopefully sooner—but with so many talented heroes in our community, we *know* there’s going to be A LOT of entries to review!
Our panel of judges will choose one Grand Prize Winner, and award one or more Runner-Ups based on the scores given by the judges.
1. The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- their poster produced and sold on HeroMart.com*
- 10,000 Artix Points (which can be used in any game)
- a stack of free posters mailed to them anywhere in the world
- a “Contest Winner” Character Badge in AQW
- and of course, infinite bragging rights!
* Whenever we release artwork through HeroMart, we pay artists for the right to use their work and always give appropriate credit. Remember: good heroes give credit where credit is due!
2. Runner Up(s): 5,000 Artix Points and a chance that their poster could be printed by HeroMart at a future date.
3. Honorable Mention(s): 1,000 Artix Points and lots of love <3
✍️️ Rights and Permissions:
By entering the contest, participants grant Artix Entertainment and HeroMart exclusive rights to use, reproduce, and/or modify the submitted artwork for all purposes. The artist will be credited whenever the artwork is used, and a contract will be sent to the winner(s) if their poster will be featured on HeroMart.
📏 Size Requirements:
Dimensions: 24" x 36"
which is 3600 x 5400 pixels at 150 DPI
Please keep in mind that the final product will be converted into CYMK mode since that’s required for printing physical posters.
📝 Submission Rules:
- 1 entry per player.
- Sorry, no collaborations or group submissions will be accepted.
- Participants must create an original poster design based on their favorite Artix game(s), or Artix Entertainment in general.
- Example: you can design a poster depicting an epic battle from AdventureQuest Worlds, or you can make a collage of your favorite Artix NPCs, monsters, or villains from your favorite games!
- Artwork can be in your own style, or it can closely match in-game art. Keep the Artix style as inspiration, but let your own art style shine bright!
- You may use any design software or medium of your choice. But no AI generated art allowed.
- You MUST include a sketch, line art, concept art, etc of your work so that we know you actually created it yourself. (Protip: snap a photo of your work *before* you begin coloring!)
- All artwork must be submitted as a .PNG (preferred) or a .JPEG. High resolution always looks good.
- If working in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other program, be sure to save & keep your work as a .PSD, .AI, or .SVG. You are not required to submit your working file, but make sure to keep it in a safe place in case you’re a winner!
- This goes without saying, but entries must not contain any offensive material, and plagiarism will result in disqualification.
✅ How to Enter:
- Sketch your poster design (and take a pic!)
- Finish your poster design
- Fill out the contest entry form on Google Form here
- Upload your sketch on the Google Form
- Upload your completed artwork on the Google Form
- Submit your artwork on the Google Form by no later than Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
🦋 Social media your thing?
Feel free to also submit your entry on Twitter so the world can see your amazing artwork!
- Upload sketch and finished poster to @AE_Contests
- Include your AQW in-game name in your tweet
- Use #HeroMart hashtag so we don’t accidentally miss your entry
- Send tweet and share with your friends :)
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact @AE_Contests on Twitter so I can easily answer your inquiries!
On behalf of everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart, we look forward to seeing your imagination shine and your creative designs! We all wish you the best of luck in the HeroMart Poster Design Contest!
Beleen, the panel of judges, and everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart
July 08, 2016
AE Presents: "Camera, Set, Music!" Contest
2016 might be the year of music, with new stars emerging daily thanks to the power of the internet and the Eurovision festival currently going on. So we thought... why not put on an AE music video contest? We've got some amazing video makers in our community, and you might be one of them!
Contest Plot: Create an original music video
You read that right! For this contest, create an original music video that takes place in one of our games (or all of them?!)!
- Submit your existing Music Video to us! (Just as long as you have the permission of anyone that helped you make it.)
- You can enter videos made BEFORE the contest start date as long as it meets all of the other rules/requirements.
- You must include your AQW or AQ3D character name in the form when you submit, NOT the video description
CHALLENGE! Being able to put every AE game ever made into 1 video would be a great challenge for the veterans in our video-making community.
Contest Details: How to Audition
- Contest begins: July 8th, 2016
- Contest ends: August 31th, 2016
- Send your entry to us: by following this link
The prizes for this contest are crAEzier than any we've ever done before! Fame and internet immortality. PLUS character page badges AND Artix Points! /cheer
Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive:
- Your music video on Artix.com and in the AQW & AQ3D game design notes
- A spot in the coming music video gallery on Artix.com contest page
- 5000 Artix PointsBadge in AQW/AQ3D
Please remember: you cannot use anything that would cause copyright issues! Check out this link to see how you can make sure the song/s you choose are alright to use.
June 09, 2015
Unlock exclusive BioBeasts Armor Sets in AQWorlds
Are you as excited about BioBeasts as we are?!? The creative minds behind EpicDuel are proud to announce BioBeasts, a free single-player arcade-survival game coming soon to iOS and Android. Your mission: escape, mutate, DESTROY!
Play as a mutating monster fighting its way through a robot-controlled laboratory. But you’re not just some ordinary monster… you’re a BioBeast, and as you grow stronger and more powerful, you evolve and mutate! Wicked.
Use simple tap controls to unleash devastating damage upon the onslaught of bad guys trying to capture you. It’s a fast-paced fun game that’s simple to pick up but hard to put down.
“We cannot wait for you to unleash the BioBeast within you(r phone)!” – the EpicDuel Team
Exclusive Items, aww yeah!
We know that you and all your friends are going to LOVE this game. And that’s why we need YOUR help telling everyone about BioBeasts!
This is kind of like a contest…except everyone will win prizes if we all team up and work together! All you need to do is Like the BioBeasts Facebook page, and the more Likes we get, the closer we will be at unlocking exclusive BioBeasts-themed Armors, Helms, Weapons, and more in AQWorlds.
Here's what you have to do:
- Like the BioBeasts Facebook Page
- Tell your friends to Like the BioBeasts FB Page
- New Items will unlock in-game at Battleon when each milestone is reached:
- Helms unlock at 7,000 Facebook Like
- Back Items unlock at 15,000 Facebook Likes
- Swords unlock at 25,000 Facebook Likes
- Armors unlock at 50,000 Facebook Likes
- BioBeasts Pet unlocks at 100,000 Facebook Likes!
The Electro BioBeast gear is free for ALL players. The Hazardous BioBeast gear is available for Legends. Every item is 0 ACs for free storage!
Click here to Like the BioBeasts Facebook page, and we will be one step closer at obtaining these exclusive BioBeasts-themed items for AQW!
You’re the best!!
xoxo Beleen =D
BioBeasts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BioBeasts
BioBeasts Homepage: http://biobeasts.artix.com/
BioBeasts Twitter: https://twitter.com/BioBeasts
EpicDuel Homepage: http://epicduel.artix.com/
June 03, 2015
Have fun battling on all weekend long! Super big thanks for playing AdventureQuest Worlds with us, and thanks for supporting the game! *high-five Legends and AdventureCoin buyers*
Beleen, Alina, Artix, and the AQW Team
May 13, 2015
Thanks for playing AdventureQuest Worlds, and a special Thank You to all our wonderful Legends and AdventureCoin buyers for supporting the game! You. Rule.
Alina, Dage & the AQWorlds Team
December 17, 2014
Game Changing Release: WorldBreaker Rising
A whole new AQ Worlds begins! The Queen of Monsters obliterates an entire continent to build her fortress. Rally your friends & BATTLE ON! Read more here.
Lineup of Frostval Shops in December 2014
Jingle bells, Quibble sells rare items in the game; 12/19 & 12/30 there’ll be new items for you to claim! 12/23 begins Limited Quantity Shop, too!
12 Days of Gifts & Holiday Boosts
Log in each day for a new FREE gift when you talk to Tinsel in Battleon! Earn double Gold, XP, Rep, and CP boosts over the holiday weekends. More info can be found here.
Play our New Mobile Game, AQ: DRAGONS!
How do you train your dragon? Raise 12 dragons in our new free game. AQ: DRAGONS is available on Google Play and iOS; coming soon to web! GET IT HERE, DRAGON MASTER!
New Holiday Art Contest: Enter Today!
Happy Holidays and Seasons Beatings! A new holiday contest has begun and we want YOU to create AQW-themed art. Click here for full details.
Bundle up and Battle ON!
xoxo Beleen =D
August 13, 2014
Grand Prize Winner: 13th Lord of Chaos
This is true CHAOS! Fellow player Mechaprime 00 really knows what it means to be a Chaos Lord, and for that, we wish to award them with 1,000 AdventureCoins, the exclusive color-custom Chaos Paintbrush + Chaos Artist Palette dual weapon set, the Art of Chaos character page badge, and their art as an in-game House Item (to be released at a future date)!
All Other Winners
Please click here to see all the 13th Lord of Chaos winners in the 2 nd Place, 3rd Place, Runner Ups, and Above and Beyond categories. Prepare for chaos overload!
xoxo Beleen =D
August 12, 2014
12th Lord of Chaos Fan Art Contest winners announced!
A new chapter unfolds within Lorepedia…
…revealing the Fan Art Winners in the Chaos Lord Alteon category!
Grand Prize Winner: 12th Lord of Chaos
So much wow. So much depth. So much dynamicy (not a word, but it should be). Fellow hero and talented artist Norgalad painted this Alteon masterpiece and won the grand prize of: 1,000 AdventureCoins, the exclusive color-custom Chaos Paintbrush + Chaos Artist Palette dual weapon set, the Art of Chaos character page badge, and his art as an in-game House Item (to be released at a future date)!
All Other Winners
Please click here to see all the Alteon winners in the 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Runner Ups, and Above and Beyond categories. Such noble work from noble heroes!
xoxo Beleen =D
August 11, 2014
11th Lord of Chaos Fan Art Contest winners announced!
Get ready to sink your teeth into the Chaos Lord Lionfang fan art winners!
Grand Prize Winner: 11th Lord of Chaos
This is pure chaos—and I ain’t lion! Fellow hero Stoikrex painted this Lionfang masterpiece and won the grand prize of: 1,000 AdventureCoins, the exclusive color-custom Chaos Paintbrush + Chaos Artist Palette dual weapon set, the Art of Chaos character page badge, and his art as an in-game House Item (to be released at a future date)!
All Other Winners
Please click here to see all the Lionfang winners in 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Runner Ups, and Above and Beyond. Great work everyone—you did a roaring good job!
Be sure to check out the Fan Art chapter in the Lorepedia to view all our Chaos Fan Art winners to date:
xoxo Beleen =D
August 06, 2014
9th Lord of Chaos Fan Art Contest winners announced!
Congratulations! We’ve made it half way through the week! So let’s celebrate by announcing our 9th Lord of Chaos winners =)
Grand Prize Winner: 9th Lord of Chaos
Who knew chaos could be so beautiful? Our fellow hero gossj10 won the grand prize of: 1,000 AdventureCoins, the exclusive color-custom Chaos Paintbrush + Chaos Artist Palette dual weapon set, the Art of Chaos character page badge, AND your art as an in-game House Item (to be released at a future date)!
8th Lord of Chaos Fan Art Contest winners announced!
Happy Tuesday! Be sure to check out the Fan Art chapter in the Lorepedia to view all our Chaos Fan Art winners to date:
But before you go, allow me to showcase the grand prize winner of the Chaos Lord Tibicenas category!
Grand Prize Winner: 8th Lord of Chaos
Why so serious, Tibicenas? Fellow player Jokercard53 painted this show-stopping Chaos Lord Tibicenas fan art!
This is truly a blockbuster hit, jokercard53! As the grand prize winner, you’ll receive: 1,000 AdventureCoins, the exclusive color-custom Chaos Paintbrush + Chaos Artist Palette dual weapon set, the Art of Chaos character page badge, AND your art as an in-game House Item (to be released at a future date)!
All Other Winners
Please click here to see the 2nd Place and 3rd Place winners for the Chaos Lord Khasaanda category. Please click here to see the 2nd Place, 3rd Place, and Runner Ups for the Chaos Lord Tibicenas category. Great job everyone!
Check out the Fan Art chapter in the Lorepedia to view all our Chaos Fan Art winners to date:
xoxo Beleen =D