April 20, 2016
Reminder: Clear your cache
Bugs, Reports, Cache & Flash
Hello from the land of crazy bug people again! Cemaros, AQW Bug Squasher Extraordinaire, here with a few more reminders for everyone. So let’s just jump right in and start with the big one.
CLEAR YOUR CACHE!
Then clear it again. Then clear it one more time to make sure you actually cleared it. I recommend clearing about 3 times a week if you play daily. It only takes a few seconds and saves you many hours of frustration.
Yes, I keep reminding everyone about this one because this is the cause of about 90% of the reports we get. A "stuffed cache" not only causes issues with the game, but it will slow your entire browser performance down.
I especially want to remind folks to clear your cache since the Flash 20 update. We’ve been getting some new types of reports in, and when investigating them, every single one of them has been because of a ….
Guess? Stuffed cache!
For a list of some of the common causes of a stuffed cache, see here: Cache Reminder Design Notes
Artix Entertainment has nothing to do with the making of Flash, as most of you know. Our programmers do everything they can to make sure things run smooth, but we can’t actually fix Flash itself. But YOU can prevent a lot of issues by keeping your cache cleared out regularly. Which brings me to my next reminder.
Fill out the report form
Every single bug report filed is read. I promise you that. (I can, since I’m one of two people who reads and sorts them!) However, if you don’t fill out the bug reports entirely, we simply do not have enough information to work with. If you send in a report that looks like this...
There isn’t a single thing we can do with it. Please! Fill the forms out completely. While I do reply to a great many of the reports sent, I can’t reply if I don’t even know what is being reported, right?
Please report from the device and browser you are having the issue on. The bug report form gathers data about your browser (no personal info!). In many cases, I need this data to figure out the problem. So if you play on your Windows laptop on Firefox browser, but you report it from your iPhone, I don’t have correct data.
So! Everyone is going to clear their cache and fully fill out the forms now, right? RIGHT!
Below is a list of the most popular browsers and how to clear the cache on each of them. This guide provides links to the homepages of the various browsers.
"What's a stuffed cache?" you ask? GOOD question!
A cache is a place on your computer where the browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari) keeps things you've downloaded in case they're needed again - like the logo on a website or information about your AQW character. That way, it doesn't need to be downloaded each time you visit the page; as long as the same logo is displayed, your computer already knows what to look for.
Caches have a limit of how big they can be. When a cache gets full, the items in it that haven't been used in a while are discarded to make room for whatever new items you're looking at now.
And it’s all transparent to you... until something breaks! (Like with this bug.) But that's when you need to "clear your cache."
If you have any other issues, please remember to report them to the Bug Tracker! I send emails to the developers every week, and they fix as many as they have time for (starting with the highest priority issues first)!
Clearing your browser's cache gives you the latest version of the game
When we release BIG new features or fix important bugs, we want you to get the latest version of the game client, which means your browser's cache needs to be emptied of all its current files. Emptying your cache is called "clearing your cache." That lets it get all the new, most up-to-date files so your game works right.
- Click "Tools -> Delete Browsing History..." (or Ctrl + Shift + Del)
- Check only "Temporary Internet Files."
- Click "Delete."
- Restart Internet Explorer.
- Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History(drop down menu)
- Remember History > Remove individual cookies -> Select cookies -> Remove Cookie
- - Or Use custom settings for history -> Show Cookies -> Select cookies -> Remove Cookie
- Optionally Remove all cookies
- Restart Firefox.
Alternative method: Press down Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open up a browser settings menu.
- Click "Tools."
- Select "Delete Private Data..."
- Click the "Detailed Options" button.
- Uncheck everything except "Clear Entire Cache."
- Click "Delete," and restart.
- Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Details
- Select site to remove cookies from -> Remove or Remove All
- Restart Safari
Safari 6.0.3 (Mac Mini)
- Located Develop option on Toolbar
- Click Develop
- Click Empty Caches on list (not the delete caches option)
Firefox for Mac
- Click "Firefox -> Preferences."
- Click "Advanced" and select the "Network" tab.
- Under the "Cashed Web Content" section, click "Clear Now."
- Restart Firefox.
Note: If you do not see your browser's version listed here, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade your browser. The latest browsers typically have more features and improved security.
Be sure to also restart your web browser. So the game page fully reloads, and not just the content files.
Thanks to the Archknights and Moderators on our forum for compiling and updating the guide!
April 11, 2015
Clear your Browser Cache
Make sure you are playing the right version of AQW!
Last week, we updated our SSL certificate (which shows that our website is secure and free from dangerous malware). To make sure you (and your friends) are using the most current version of all Artix Entertainment's websites, update your browser cache. That also ensures you have the latest version of the game client.
Not sure how to update your cache? Click here for more information!
- Click on the three dashes in the top right corner.
- Click on settings in the menu.
- Click on History in the menu on the left.
- Click on Clear browsing data...
- Select Empty the cache from the list.
- Click on Clear browsing data on the bottom. Your browser cache is now empty.
- Force Refresh Chrome
Usally a "force refresh" is enough. You can achieve this by pressing the following key combination: Shift + Ctrl + F5
Internet Explorer 11:
- Click on the gear wheel in the top right corner.
- Click on Safety in the menu.
- Click on Delete browsing history in the submenu
- Select Temporary Internet files and website files from the list
- Click on Delete
- On the bottom of the page the browser notifies you when the browsercache is cleared
- Force Refresh Internet Explorer 11
Usually a "force refresh" is enough. You can achieve this by pressing the following key combination:Shift + Ctrl + F5
- Click on the orange Firefox button in the top left corner.
- Move the mouse to Options and click on Options in the submenu.
- Click on Advanced
- Click on the Network tab.
- Click on Clear Now in the Cached Web Content section.
AQ.com is a safe, secure website.
Another good thing to check is your computer's date and time. Make sure they are up to date! We have had reports of players who use Trend Micro Antivirus and Norton Antivirus' Security Search toolbar getting false warnings that our site is unsafe. Clearing your cache and making sure your computer's date and time are accurate will help prevent this.
If you are having any other issues using our site or upgrading your account, please report it to the Bug Tracker so we can get the problem resolved!