October 20, 2023
Start. Your. Scribbles! In order to celebrate so many game birthdays this month AND Artix Entertainment’s 21st Anniversary, we are inviting you to design a poster for HeroMart!
Greetings, salutations, and welcome to the HeroMart Poster Design Contest! We invite aspiring artists and seasoned illustrators from around the world to showcase their creativity by designing a poster for HeroMart.com. Since we are celebrating many game birthdays this month, and ntm the 21st anniversary of Artix Entertainment, this poster can feature your favorite Artix game… or an Artix Entertainment-themed poster in general! This is your chance to leave your mark on HeroMart and across the Artix gaming realms while also winning exciting prizes.
For this contest, we are looking for the best 🌟 Finished Poster Design 🌟 like something you’d see on HeroMart. Although this contest is open to everyone, it is best suited for artists who have professional tools, art software, and know what 150+ DPI is.
Once our judges have selected the winner(s), our Artix artists will work with the winner(s) to bring the posters to life on HeroMart!
But an important note to address before we get into the contest deets:
Is AI art allowed?
No. While it’s true AI can make some of the raddest looking things with 6 fingers and wonky legs, we want this contest to be fair for everyone. Plus, we want to showcase the true art our community can make with passion, love, and a whole lotta erasers.
For each entry, we will require a work-in-progress (WIP) screenshot / picture to be provided, such as a sketch or lineart to prove this was done by a human – or a vampire, cat girl, dog boy, dragonkin, moglin, or whatever else you identify as :)
All in all: AI art is NOT allowed, and if we find out AI was used, it will disqualify that player from the contest.
Now that’s out of the way… on to the good stuff!
HeroMart Poster Contest Details
- Contest Start Date: Friday, October 20, 2023
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
- Winner Announcement: Depending on the number of entries received, we will announce the winners on the Design Notes and on social media within 3 weeks after the deadline. Hopefully sooner—but with so many talented heroes in our community, we *know* there’s going to be A LOT of entries to review!
Our panel of judges will choose one Grand Prize Winner, and award one or more Runner-Ups based on the scores given by the judges.
1. The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- their poster produced and sold on HeroMart.com*
- 10,000 Artix Points (which can be used in any game)
- a stack of free posters mailed to them anywhere in the world
- a “Contest Winner” Character Badge in AQW
- and of course, infinite bragging rights!
* Whenever we release artwork through HeroMart, we pay artists for the right to use their work and always give appropriate credit. Remember: good heroes give credit where credit is due!
2. Runner Up(s): 5,000 Artix Points and a chance that their poster could be printed by HeroMart at a future date.
3. Honorable Mention(s): 1,000 Artix Points and lots of love <3
✍️️ Rights and Permissions:
By entering the contest, participants grant Artix Entertainment and HeroMart exclusive rights to use, reproduce, and/or modify the submitted artwork for all purposes. The artist will be credited whenever the artwork is used, and a contract will be sent to the winner(s) if their poster will be featured on HeroMart.
📏 Size Requirements:
Dimensions: 24" x 36"
which is 3600 x 5400 pixels at 150 DPI
Please keep in mind that the final product will be converted into CYMK mode since that’s required for printing physical posters.
📝 Submission Rules:
- 1 entry per player.
- Sorry, no collaborations or group submissions will be accepted.
- Participants must create an original poster design based on their favorite Artix game(s), or Artix Entertainment in general.
- Example: you can design a poster depicting an epic battle from AdventureQuest Worlds, or you can make a collage of your favorite Artix NPCs, monsters, or villains from your favorite games!
- Artwork can be in your own style, or it can closely match in-game art. Keep the Artix style as inspiration, but let your own art style shine bright!
- You may use any design software or medium of your choice. But no AI generated art allowed.
- You MUST include a sketch, line art, concept art, etc of your work so that we know you actually created it yourself. (Protip: snap a photo of your work *before* you begin coloring!)
- All artwork must be submitted as a .PNG (preferred) or a .JPEG. High resolution always looks good.
- If working in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other program, be sure to save & keep your work as a .PSD, .AI, or .SVG. You are not required to submit your working file, but make sure to keep it in a safe place in case you’re a winner!
- This goes without saying, but entries must not contain any offensive material, and plagiarism will result in disqualification.
✅ How to Enter:
- Sketch your poster design (and take a pic!)
- Finish your poster design
- Fill out the contest entry form on Google Form here
- Upload your sketch on the Google Form
- Upload your completed artwork on the Google Form
- Submit your artwork on the Google Form by no later than Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
🦋 Social media your thing?
Feel free to also submit your entry on Twitter so the world can see your amazing artwork!
- Upload sketch and finished poster to @AE_Contests
- Include your AQW in-game name in your tweet
- Use #HeroMart hashtag so we don’t accidentally miss your entry
- Send tweet and share with your friends :)
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact @AE_Contests on Twitter so I can easily answer your inquiries!
On behalf of everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart, we look forward to seeing your imagination shine and your creative designs! We all wish you the best of luck in the HeroMart Poster Design Contest!
Beleen, the panel of judges, and everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart
April 22, 2011
Spring into fun- Grenwog and Earth Day Seasonal Rares!
That's right, we've got two egg-citing events- Grenwog and Earth Day- returning, and they're chock-full of cheap Marshmallow Cheep pets, Evolved and Regular Berserker Bunny Armors that will drive you bananas, and a pastel basketful of all your favorite gear from last year's events!
Grenwog is an egg-cellent time to go hunting!
Talk to Cabdury (the friendliest, most inedible bunny in town) to access this year's Egg Hunt quests! Collect the eggs hidden around BattleOn and the rest of the town to unlock the Backpack of Eggs and the Vorpal Bunny pet! (Note: Any Vorpal Bunny will be able to access the quests to get this year's regular Berserker Bunny items. Enjoy!)
And once you've collected all those, why not try Cabdury's Treat Hunt to unlock the Evolved Berserker Bunny set? The merge items will drop from the bosses in Greenguard Forest. With an Armor, a Helm, a Spear, and a Long-sword, you'll have a bun-tiful amount of items to choose from! The Evolved Berserker Bunny Armor also requires the drop from the final Vorpal Bunny quest.
Grenwog gear, collect it all! (Or as much as you can carry):
- Evolved Berserker Bunny set!
- Berserker Bunny 11 armor, helm, and longsword!
- Daisy on your back cape!
- Mayflower and Marshmallow Cheep pets!
- Fire Egg Staff, Carrotine Cutter, ChickenCow Club!
- And much more!
Help the scene become more green this Earth Day!
Captain Lore is back again, and it looks like the area is still polluted! Be a hero, join the clean-up crew! With two new quests and a shop FULL of awesome new items, you'll want to reduce, reuse, and recycle as many elementals as you can! Captain Lore's shop will unlock after you do the two new quests.
Green gear to grab up:
- Elemental Orbs Cape
- Earthen Staff!
- Compact Fluorescent Stick!
- Arbor Armor!
- Bucket Head Helm!
- Cardboard Sword!
- And so much more!
The Fear Chaser event is still available!
In the fearsome Fear Chaser event, Ayi Jihu chases down Fears and has asked you to face down Fear Manifestations to save Lore from a terrifying fate! Due to requests made by many enthusiastic fans, the our latest musical event (full of C-major mayhem and frightful foes) will be available to ALL players until next Friday!
An all-new, all-game art contest!
You guys keep asking for more, so we're starting up a brand-new art contest. Get ready to draw on those art skills and paint the contest thread red! You can submit a piece of artwork in ANY medium and based on ANY of Artix Entertainment's games! (Just make sure your work is original.) More details about the contest can be found on our forum. Be sure to read and follow the rules carefully!
AEXtras is still a great way to get FREE ADVENTURECOINS and even FREE ARTIX POINTS, and with new Inventory, Bank slots and Premiere Event rares to buy there's never been a better time!
Just CLICK HERE to get started!
Or, You can jump onto your Master Account and start earning free Artix Games Points using AExtras and use those Points to get stuff in ANY of our games!