November 13, 2020
Harvest of Nightmares: Friday the 13th
Join us for the final Friday the 13th event of 2020!
Join Aurelio Voltaire and Memet the Nightmare Moglin for first week of our three-part Harvest of Nightmares holiday event as we celebrate Friday the 13th and Harvest Fest! After a year of battling natural disasters and unnatural horrors, Aurelio Voltaire and Oishii the Troll Chef have planned a double holiday extravangaza to help raise everyone's morale.
But when our favorite gothic pirate party planner slips into a nightmare he can't escape from, he and Memet will need your help to break free. This weekend, log in and battle terrifying creatures and ferocious food as you race to escape the Nightmare Realm and return in time for the Harvest Feast.
Join /gothicdream to begin your adventure:
- Fight through Aurelio Voltaire's nightmarish house
- Battle delicious-but-deadly food
- Assemble a hero's most intimidating combat gear: Gothic Teddy Pajamas
- Battle a boss who wants to put you to sleep... FOREVER
And don't miss the rest of this month's update. See the full release lineup here: AdventureQuest Worlds calendar.
Aurelio Voltaire Returns for Friday the 13th!
Friday the 13th and Aurelio Voltaire go together like Evil Armies of Undead and Horror Movies. So of course, this Friday our always-positive, family-friendly game team and community want to welcome him back for another musical event! This weekend, slay your enemies to the sound of music from his album "Raised by Bats". Once you've finished the event, make sure you check out his Youtube series, "Gothic Homemaking with Aurelio Voltaire," and stay up to date with all his dark adventures on Instagram!
Aurelio Voltaire is the maker of music, films, books, comics, toys and... mayhem. He has appeared in almost ALL of the AQWorlds Friday the 13th events... and has become a fan-favorite for our players (not to mention beloved by goths, trekkies, and music-lovers in general).
On behalf of the entire AdventureQuest Worlds team, we want to thank Aurelio Voltaire for being a part of this special event!
Your luck is in... Gothic Rewards!
Friday the 13th may be all about bad luck, but not this weekend! We've got two all-new armor sets available in the Gothic Dream merge shop:
- the Teen Slasher, a dark and destructive seasonal set available that will make you Scream
- the Unlucky Hoodie, deceptively cute and definitely deadly
Plus a plethora of gothic house items that drop from the monsters and boss in this weekend's event.
Get the Artix Games Launcher
Verification Class Updates
Our verification classes -- Guardian, DragonLord, Star Captain, and Defender -- are unlocked by AQWorlds heroes who have also upgraded in one of our 2D, single-player games. They've been asking for years for their exclusive classes to get updates... and now the time has come!
- Guardian Class: available to verified AdventureQuest Guardians
- DragonLord Class: available to verified DragonFable DragonLords
- StarCaptain Class: available to verified MechQuest StarCaptains
- Defender Class: available to all of the above
Each week in November, we'll release another verification class update. Last week, we updated the AdventureQuest Guardian Class! Get all the details on that class here. THIS week, we've got... the DragonLord Class update! Read on for update details: what is changing, how to get your own, and the new balance details.
DragonLord Class Overview
Lost to time and found again, the DragonLord class has evolved! Inspired by DragonFable, this new version of the class offers many powerful new tools to battle multiple monsters at once by imbuing yourself with the powers of ancient dragons.
The new AdventureQuest Worlds version of DragonLord draws heavily from DF’s DragonLord, and also DragonWarrior, DragonRogue, DragonMage, and the titan DragonRider. Take on one or more elemental aspects, and then tap into their full power with your Primalization ability! This class is designed to fight multiple monsters at once, while harnessing the full potential of the elements provides you the power to take on much more powerful creatures.
How to Unlock the Class
If you are a DragonLord in DragonFable:
- Log into the Account Manager site at account.dragonfable.com
- Access the 'Unlock Verify Shops' menu in the Account Manager
- Verify your DragonFable account
- Log back into AQWorlds and /join tower
- All verified DragonLords can purchase the original DragonLord Class. If you are level 40, you can purchase the updated class from Tomix for 0 ACs.
If you are NOT a DragonLord in DragonFable:
- Create an account at www.DragonFable.com (if you don't have one yet)
- Upgrade it to become an DragonFable DragonLord on this page
- Follow steps 1-4 above
Read more about all of the update details in the Class Skills design notes post.