October 24, 2018
The Wheel of Doom is BACK
Spin Swaggy's wheel to get prizes!
Five years ago, we launched the Wheels of Doom and Destiny from the Carnival of Fortune. They were one of AQWorlds' most popular features and starting today... the Wheel of Doom is BACK! /join Doom and talk to Swaggy to buy Fortune Tickets, then spin the wheel and get prizes.
EVERY time you spin, you will receive:
- 10,000 gold
- Treasure Potion
- 1 hour EXP Boost
- A chance for a bonus prize
Use the Treasure Potions and the XP Boosts in combat or in the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop.
Wheel of Doom Bonus Prizes + New Rewards
To celebrate the Wheel of Doom's return, we've added all-new sets: the Darkovian Noble and the Sanguine Shield.
The Darkovian Noble is available from the Wheel of Doom. The Sanguine Shield set pieces drop from the Wheel of Doom or you can spend your Treasure Potions in the Doom Merge shop to unlock them.
Check out Swaggy's Prize Preview Shop to see what the Wheel has a chance to drop. That's also where you can check the item rarity, which determines an item's drop rate.
Bonus items include:
- Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness
- Doom Naval Commander
- Doom Red Star Sword
- Doom Golden Centurion
- MechaJouster Class
- and more!
Bonus Prize Drop Rates
You can tell what an item's drop rate is by checking its item rarity in the description.
- Awesome: 100% (the Fortune Ticket for the merge shop)
- Impossible: .1 - 1%
- Legendary: 2% - 19%
- Epic: 20%+
If you are only seeing the Treasure Potions and EXP Boost rewards when you spin, that means you have gotten a LOT of the high-drop rate bonus prizes already or you are having a bad run of real-life luck! Read more about drop rates in AQWorlds here.
- Exclusive items will be available for a limited time only on holidays and special occasions. These will have higher-than-normal drop rate.
- You will only be able to get each equippable item one time, no repeats! (Unless you delete it.)
- You will only be able to get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness one time; it cannot be sold or deleted.
- Legendary items will be available in the Wheel of Doom for a few months, then will be rotated in and out to make room for other items.
- More items will be regularly added to the Wheel of Doom, so keep an eye out for new gear.
- Bonus Prize items cannot be traded or swapped; getting the prize you want takes real life luck!
Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness
If you get very lucky, you may just get an Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Wheel of Doom! If you see that in your inventory, follow the directions in the item description to contact the AQW team and choose a rare item you would like to receive!
- If you have the EIoDA, once you contact the team, we'll review your request.
- We'll match up requests with gear from the list of prizes harvested from deleted or abandoned accounts, or donated by generous players (we call them Donation Heroes)
- Should we need an account from a Donation Hero, we will contact them before removing an item to confirm their decision.
Because we have to do this by hand, we cannot do this for every player. The only way to move items from one account to another is if you receive the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Wheel of Doom. This is the ONLY way Rare items will EVER return to the game.
What about the Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness?
Back in 2013 and 2014, the original incarnation of the Wheel of Doom included the Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness. With the Wheel's return for the AQWorlds 10th Anniversary, the UIoDA has been replaced by the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness.
There are now two ways to get the EIoDA:
- Spinning the Wheel of Doom
- Choosing it as a prize from our Monthly Bonus rewards
If you were lucky enough to get the Ultimate Item in the past, you will still be able to get the Epic Item now.
Wheel of Doom Merge Shop
Each time you spin the Wheel of Doom, you'll get a Treasure Potion. These can be used to boost your Strength stat OR in the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop. Save up your Treasure Potions and spend them in the Merge Shop to unlock extra reward items.
Rare items will not be released again
We didn't plan for ANY of Quibble's items to go rare... EVER... but many of you love your rare items, so we will return "Unknown/Unassigned" Quibble items to the Wheel of Doom and Destiny, but ONLY those items...ever! Items marked "RARE" are perma-rare and no more of them will ever be added to the game for all players again.
*It is possible to receive a Rare item from someone else in the game, but ONLY if you receive an Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness drop. That item is only going to one player; not being re-released to all players.
Cycling "Unknown" rarity items in and out!
Every few months, the "Unknown rarity" items will change out to keep their quantity in-game low. Check the Wheel regularly to see which items are currently on the reward list!
The week before the items are scheduled to cycle out, the drop rate will be raised from 1% to 2% to give everyone one last chance to get them before they become unavailable for a time.
Wheel of Doom FAQ
All of this information and more is included in our Wheel of Doom FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Check it out here.