October 02, 2013
More Gear in the Treasure Map
Decipher the Clue to Find the Shop!
TreasureHunters, assemble! We've been including new ways for you to explore the game, hunts and wars to get you back to maps you have never seen, or haven't been to in a long time. Tonight we are releasing an all-new way to do just that: the Treasure Map!
Talk to Cleric Joy in Battleon or Valencia in BattleonTown to buy the Treasure Map for a one-time cost of 2000 AventureCoins, then use the clue it gives in the item description to find a shop hidden in-game full of 0 AC gear only YOU can access!
Defend the Dragon Throne!
Full list of gear accessible in the Treasure Map is:
- Royal Dragoon Armor NEW!
- Dragoon's Armet Helm NEW!
- Dragoon's Sheathed Blades Cape NEW!
- Nameless Warrior Armor
- Anonymous Drone Helm
- Terror of the Undead Sword
- Slasher of the Undead Mace
- Dragonfire Katana
- Solar Protector Wings
- Solar Protector Beak
- Solar Protector Armor
- Dual Flaming Katanas
- BrightBlade Warrior Armor
- Brightblade Shoulder Cloth Cape
- Brightblade Helm
- Bright Blade
- Dual Bright Blades
- Blood Terror ArmorBlood Terror Helm
New in the Treasure Map shop: Royal Dragoon!
Once you have the Treasure Map item, read the clue in its item description, then locate the map and start clicking around! You'll see your cursor change (like when it hovers over a button), and that's the sign you've found the shop!
Brightblade Warrior set !
Treasure Map: Info to Know!
We've been getting many questions about this new feature, so read on to get the news on what you really need to know!
- You cannot open the Treasure Map Shop unless you have purchased the Treasure Map.
- Purchasing the Treasure Map unlocks the shop forever (as long as you have it in your inventory), and the shop will be updated regularly!
- The gear in the shop costs 0 AdventureCoins so you can take advantage of the free storage!
- You only need to buy the map once (and then keep it) to access all future shop updates!
- The clue will change each time the shop updates! (It wouldn't be a very good treasure hunt if it didn't!)
Shadow Commander and Unidentified Warrior!
With the Treasure Map, you're buying access to the shop full of exclusive gear AND access to any of the FUTURE gear that gets put into it!
September 30, 2013
Week of OMG!!!
We Have SO MUCH For You This Week
I'm going to keep this short, because the team has got a LOT of work to do if we're going to get everything out on time! Make sure to check out the current Reminders Design Notes post to stay up to date.
Can't handle the chaos... or so many releases!
Monday, September 30th
That is TODAY!
- Later tonight, the limited time gear in the Wheels of Doom and Destiny merge shops will be leaving... permanently. If you haven't gotten your "Skulls and Doom" or "Ancient Skulls and Doom" blades yet, now's the time!
Merge your Fortune Potions from the Wheels to create these blades!
- Check out our Pumpkin Carving Contest! Read Beleen's Design Notes for more information.
- Our Friday the 13th maps become Legend-only until December, when we have another Friday the 13th event!
Tuesday, October 1st
5th Upholder begins! Upgrade your account to get a sweet character page badge, access to FIVE Star Swords, and all the Legend-only perks you always get! (Like a free spin on the Wheel of Doom or Destiny, pets, exclusive storylines, and more!) If you already have an upgraded account and the upgrade will be active - or expires - on November 1st, then congratulations, you're already a 5th Upholder!
Legion Star Sword not pictured.
If you were an Upholder before and lost access to your Star Sword, never fear! You'll be able to go into your Book of Lore Upholder badge and access the shop to get it once more! We've had a LOT of people ask us to do this over the years, and now it is finally happening!
If you supported AQWorlds from the start as a Founder, you'll be able to access ALL of the Founder dragon pets... including this year's Green Armored and Galactic Armored Dragon pets!
Wednesday, October 2nd
Treasure Map time! Talk to Cleric Joy in Battleon to purchase a Treasure Map. Then use the clue in the item's description to find the location of the treasure hidden somewhere in-game.... and access ALL of the gear we've EVER added to the shop, plus the new Royal Dragoon set!
X marks the spot for treasure beyond measure!
Thursday, October 3rd
Run around corraling the server hamsters desperately trying to flee from the Friday insanity!
Friday, October 4th
Hang on to your helms, it's going to be a BIG release!
- Quibble's Talk Like a Pirate Day shop leaves! Last chance to get all of his awesomely piratical gear!
- The Blood Shadowcaster set arrives with the 3 month membership! If you purchase this package in October, you are automatically a 5th Upholder!
- All the previous year's Mogloween events return! Get your trick or treat ON!
- BattleMage Class releases! Memet will do a skills writeup later this week.
- Chaos War rares shop leaves... forever! (The Chaorrupted Locked Blades will NOT go rare.)
- We continue the Swordhaven Chaos Saga where we left off last week. If you haven't caught up yet, DO IT NOW! The cliffhanger ending was EVIL!