August 20, 2013
Spin the Wheel of Doom
Test your luck to get DOOM-filled rewards!
Deep in the forests near Doomwood, there sits a VERY ominous Wheel and an undead moglin in a top hat. This Friday, you'll find Swaggy, Moglin of Delight, and his Wheel of Doom standing in the shadows when you /join doom!
How do I spin?
Talk to Swaggy to buy a Doom Ticket for 200 AdventureCoins or a Stack of 10 Doom Tickets for 1500 AdventureCoins to spin the wheel. If you're a Legend, you can access the Legendary Wheel of Doom quest, which gives you one FREE spin every day your account upgrade is active! You can earn free AdventureCoins by watching ads from Ballyhoo or completing AExtras offers, too.
Wheel of Doom prize tiers
EVERY time you spin, you get at least THREE prizes - 20,000 gold, a 1 hour XP Boost, and a Doom Strength Potion - plus a chance for VERY special EXTRA prizes!
100% chance to get:
- 10,000 gold
- 1 hour XP Boost
- Doom Strength Potion
10-90% chance to get:
- Gear available for limited time
1% chance to get:
- Class (give us suggestions of what classes you'd like the wheel to have!)
- Past Quibble items ("Unknown" rarity only. Items marked "RARE" are perma rare and no more of them can ever be added to the game.)
.1% chance to get:
- Ultimate Donation Item of EPICNESS!
From time to time, new gear made JUST for Swaggy will be added to the Wheel of DOOM that you can ONLY get when you spin. Gear like that will have a 20-50% chance to drop.
Wait!!! Quibble gear is returning?!!?
Yes... but only SOME of Quibble's gear will be added to the Wheel of Doom, and not in the exact same way:
- No Quibble items tagged as Rare will EVER be added to the Wheel of Doom unless donated by another player.
- Any item from a Quibble shop will have "Doom" added onto its name. We know our rare-hunters value their exclusive gear, and this will let you prove that YOU got the gear from the original shop!
- There is only a 1% chance to get each Quibble item from spinning the Wheel of Doom.
Little-known fact: when we first introduced Quibble Coinbiter's items a few years ago, they were all supposed to return at a later date, in future zones. But so many of you loved your rares that you BEGGED Artix to keep them from returning. So we didn't add any of those items into the zones Quibble preceded.
We have always said that SOME of Quibble's gear could return in the future... so a select list of the gear with "unknown" or "unassigned" rarity tags will be added to the Wheel of Doom.
Quibble's Gear Available from the Wheel of Doom:
- Doom Chaos Symbiote Armor
- Doom Naval Commander set
- Doom Prismatic Composer Armor
- Doom Celestial Sandknight
- Doom Rotting Naval Commander set
- Doom Shiden Bardiche
- Doom Pirate Captain set
- Doom Red Star Sword
- Doom Toga
- Doom Pirate Captain's Elegant Hat
- Doom Open Celestia Sandwings
- Doom Celestial Sandsword
- Doom ExoKatana Binsoku
- Doom Souleater Warrior
- Doom Iced Jester
- Doom Iced Foule-Bordeau Helm
- Doom Soul Ripper
- Doom Star Slasher
- Doom Lycan Transformation
- Doom Vampire Transformation
- Doom Celestial Sandknight Helm
Donating rare items to the Wheel of Doom
In the near future, we'll make it so that YOU can donate some of your RARE gear (like Alpha Pirate) to the Wheel of Doom!* When we began the Shut Up and Take My Rares contest, we had an INCREDIBLE amount of people offering to donate their rare gear.
So once we add this feature, instead of giving people prizes from Cysero's inventory, once a month we'll take a rare item one of your fellow heroes gives us, remove it from THEIR inventory, and add it to the Wheel of Doom. When that happens, we'll announce who the generous donor is and write a short history of their time in AQWorlds in our Design Notes... then add their name to a plaque in the Hall of Heroes!
Of course, this does mean the end of the SHUT UP AND TAKE MY RARES monthly contest but don't worry, all the gear will be in the Wheel of Doom meaning that you don't have to wait a month to play and there will be a LOT more than one winner per month!
Let us know what you think!
We always want to make as many of you as happy as we can, so let us know what you think about the Wheel of Doom!** Tell me on Twitter, the forum, and Facebook!
* Heromart items cannot be donated, as people can just re-buy their gear from the shop.
** Or if we accidentally included any rare gear in the list.
Look for a detailed post later today for new information and more explanations about the Wheel of Doom system. Remember:
- NOTHING tagged as rare will ever be re-created in the game.
- We'll define what the different item rarities mean ("rare" vs "unassigned")
- Tell you how to find rarities for your items
- Gold cap being increased
- Cycling Doom Quibble gear in and out of the Wheel of Doom's rewards