February 19, 2024
Over 250 contestants submitted 500 entries, making this one of our most amazing contests ever!
Hey there, heroes! The moment we have all been eagerly awaiting is finally here! We are thrilled to announce the winners of the Dage vs Nulgath Draw Your Weapon Contest 🏆💀😈
With over 250 talented participants submitting a whopping 500 entries, our judges faced an overwhelming challenge unlike any I have ever experienced. Every entry displayed a unique blend of passion, creativity, and artistic brilliance, so narrowing down the winners was no easy feat – even with the help of 15 judges!
Now that 7500 votes have been cast and tallied… it’s time to reveal our wonderful winners!
Beleen, our amazing panel of judges who are most certainly tuckered out, and the AQW team
February 02, 2024
Over 250 players entered the Draw Your Weapon Contest, which means we’ve got 500 entries to judge! That's amazing!! However, something sinister emerged that was darker than the deepest depths of the underworld…
Hey there aspiring artists and doodle-doers! We've just wrapped up the Draw Your Weapon Contest, and let me tell you: it was absolutely overwhelming in the best way possible!🎨✨We are thrilled to announce that 250+ players entered the contest, showcasing their artistic abilities and allegiance to Dark Lord Dage and/or the ArchFiend Nulgath. What's even more mind-blowing is that most contestants submitted not one but TWO weapon entries each! That means our judging panel has the mega monumental task of evaluating 500 artistic endeavors!😱🥵🤩
To tackle this colossal task, To tackle this colossal task, we've assembled a dream team of 15 judges, including 10 of our game artists plus moderators and testers. These dedicated and highly skilled beings are armed with keen artistic eyes and are actively delving the depths of our community’s creativity. We HAD to employ this many judges because the contest turnout is legit blowing our minds, and having 15 members is a good strategy JIC of accidental brain-explody. Safety first, right? 😜
Needless to say, our judges are buzzing with excitement as they witness how incredibly talented our gaming community truly is!
The Dark Side of… the dark side
However *deep sigh* here comes the truly not-so-exciting part. In the midst of this creative jubilee, our judges are encountering a handful of players who decided to let the dark side win – aka dishonesty and flat-out cheating 😢 There's nothing sadder than seeing art theft, AI-generated art, or even commissioned art pieces in a contest explicitly meant to celebrate individual artistic expression and genuine passion for their craft. It's disheartening to witness the betrayal of these core values that make the Artix community a vibrant – and authentic – space for imagination, inspiration, and mutual respect, because, well, you know what they say:
Cheaters NEVER win
This is an important life lesson for everyone: cheaters might *think* they’ve outsmarted the competition, but in the end, cheaters NEVER win. The contest rules (and common courtesy) state that "Your art MUST be made by you (so no copying / stealing / using someone else’s work)" and "Using someone else’s work or using AI art will lead to automatic disqualification."
Our vigilant judges, equipped with superhuman artistic-detection skills, are scrutinizing every entry to ensure fairness and integrity throughout the contest. They're spotting “little details” in some players’ submissions that the untrained eye – or a sneaky contest cheater – would otherwise miss. Kudos to our fantastic judging team for their dedication, perseverance, and commitment to upholding the spirit of fair play in our community 👏👏👏
Happy times ahead!
On a much brighter note, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude to the honest, dedicated, and talented artists who poured their hearts into their genuine creations! Your passion for art – and devotion to the ArchFiend Nulgath and Dark Lord Dage – shows so amazingly well! The sheer variety of styles and weapon concepts left the entire Artix team in awe, and we can't wait to unveil the winners in order to showcase the exceptional talent within our community.
To all our participants (who played fairly, of course), thank YOU for making the Draw Your Weapon Contest an unforgettable experience! We are so amazed over how talented you all are, and we are honored to have heroes like you by our side. Stay tuned my friends, for sometime later this month we’ll announce the contest winners and celebrate the incredible world of Dage vs Nulgath weapon art! 🏆💀😈
Beleen, our amazing judges, and the AQW team
January 12, 2024
Draw your sword… literally! Full contest details below.
Welcome to the ultimate clash of clans! To celebrate the upcoming birthdays of our beloved overlords, we are hosting an exciting contest for Nulgath and Dage devotees:
Draw Your Weapon Contest!
Prove your allegiance to Dage’s Undead Legion… or pledge your loyalty to Nulgath’s Nation… through the power of artistic endeavors! This contest allows you to draw any weapon you see fit to be forged for the Nation or the Legion. Winners will have their weapons made by the Artix devs and transformed into game items for everyone in the AQWorld to enjoy!
- 2 weapon designs per player
- Sketch AND finished art required
- Your art MUST be created by you
- 2 categories: Dage or Nulgath
- 3 winners in each category
- Winners chosen & announced in February
- Winning weapons released in March as 0 AC rewards
Full Contest Guidelines
Eligibility & Rules:
- All players and all artists welcome, no matter your skill level or faction affiliation
- Open to Humans only – meaning no AI art allowed
- Your art MUST be made by you (so no copying / stealing / using someone else’s work)
- Sketch, line art, or concept art also required with your entry to prove you’re awesome
- Your AQW account must be in good standing in order to place
- Up to 2 weapon entries allowed per player
- While you CAN submit older weapons you designed in the past, you MUST have a sketch proving that you indeed designed that weapon
- Using someone else’s work or using AI art will lead to an automatic disqualification
Craft, draw, or doodle diabolical weapons that highlight the essence of
💀 Dark Lord Dage and the Undead Legion
~ or ~
😈 ArchFiend Nulgath and his Nation
- Submissions can be in any visual art, including digital illustration, traditional drawing, or hecc, even sculptures! Be as creative as you want!
- No AI art allowed whatsoever. You don’t wanna make Dage AND Nulgath angry. Yiiikes 👀
- Begins January 12, 2024
- Ends Sunday, January 28, 2024 at 11:59pm EST
- Winners will be announced in February, and all items will be released in March for everyone to farm because March is the MONTH OF EVIL! MWAHAHA! Although, what is not evil is the fact that these weapons will be marked as 0 AC rewards so every AQW player can enjoy!
How to Enter:
- Dream your weapon design; draw, illustrate, sculpt, or creatively create your weapon(s)
- Take a picture of your sketch, work-in-progress, or concept art
- Take a pic of your finished weapon design
- Up to 2 weapon entries allowed per player
- Sign your AQW Character Name on your art
- Submit entries in the comments section of this Artix.com post, and/or on socials:
- And don’t forget to type your AQW Character Name in your comment / tweet, too!
🤩 Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.
💪 Artistic skill doesn’t guarantee a win; we are also looking for weapon designs that have a great concept or potential.
Prizes & Winnings:
- The judges will select 3 winning weapons for Nulgath and 3 winning weapons for Dage.
- Each winner will get their weapon created in AQW, the Birthday Collection Chest belonging to the overlord they salute, 2000 AdventureCoins, and the Contest Winner Character Page Badge!
- The winning weapons will be made into AQW items for everyone to wield, and the artist will be credited in the weapon description – and ofc on the DNs when we announce the winners :) Winners will obviously get their curated weapon sent straight to their inventory once it’s forged in AQW!
- Honorable Mentions will also be selected since our community is just too darn talented; these runner ups will receive 1,000 ACs and a Character Page Badge.
This contest is like our ‘player-inspired items’ we did back in the early days of the game. A fan favorite for sure, and personally some of my fondest memories! And I know this contest will create amazing memories as well 🤩 So once the judges have chosen the winners, the AQW team will get to work creating the winning weapons. Our artists will try their best to keep true to the artist’s design, but some details might have to get omitted or altered a bit to work within the game. Just throwing that out there as a disclaimer and a heads-up!
Now… let the faction feud begin
The time has come, heroes and villains and overlord minions: choose your side, pick your artistic arsenal, and let the colors collide! They say the Wacom Pen is mightier than the sword… and now’s your chance to prove it.
Beleen, the judges, and the birthday bois Nulgath & Dage
October 20, 2023
Start. Your. Scribbles! In order to celebrate so many game birthdays this month AND Artix Entertainment’s 21st Anniversary, we are inviting you to design a poster for HeroMart!
Greetings, salutations, and welcome to the HeroMart Poster Design Contest! We invite aspiring artists and seasoned illustrators from around the world to showcase their creativity by designing a poster for HeroMart.com. Since we are celebrating many game birthdays this month, and ntm the 21st anniversary of Artix Entertainment, this poster can feature your favorite Artix game… or an Artix Entertainment-themed poster in general! This is your chance to leave your mark on HeroMart and across the Artix gaming realms while also winning exciting prizes.
For this contest, we are looking for the best 🌟 Finished Poster Design 🌟 like something you’d see on HeroMart. Although this contest is open to everyone, it is best suited for artists who have professional tools, art software, and know what 150+ DPI is.
Once our judges have selected the winner(s), our Artix artists will work with the winner(s) to bring the posters to life on HeroMart!
But an important note to address before we get into the contest deets:
Is AI art allowed?
No. While it’s true AI can make some of the raddest looking things with 6 fingers and wonky legs, we want this contest to be fair for everyone. Plus, we want to showcase the true art our community can make with passion, love, and a whole lotta erasers.
For each entry, we will require a work-in-progress (WIP) screenshot / picture to be provided, such as a sketch or lineart to prove this was done by a human – or a vampire, cat girl, dog boy, dragonkin, moglin, or whatever else you identify as :)
All in all: AI art is NOT allowed, and if we find out AI was used, it will disqualify that player from the contest.
Now that’s out of the way… on to the good stuff!
HeroMart Poster Contest Details
- Contest Start Date: Friday, October 20, 2023
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
- Winner Announcement: Depending on the number of entries received, we will announce the winners on the Design Notes and on social media within 3 weeks after the deadline. Hopefully sooner—but with so many talented heroes in our community, we *know* there’s going to be A LOT of entries to review!
Our panel of judges will choose one Grand Prize Winner, and award one or more Runner-Ups based on the scores given by the judges.
1. The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- their poster produced and sold on HeroMart.com*
- 10,000 Artix Points (which can be used in any game)
- a stack of free posters mailed to them anywhere in the world
- a “Contest Winner” Character Badge in AQW
- and of course, infinite bragging rights!
* Whenever we release artwork through HeroMart, we pay artists for the right to use their work and always give appropriate credit. Remember: good heroes give credit where credit is due!
2. Runner Up(s): 5,000 Artix Points and a chance that their poster could be printed by HeroMart at a future date.
3. Honorable Mention(s): 1,000 Artix Points and lots of love <3
✍️️ Rights and Permissions:
By entering the contest, participants grant Artix Entertainment and HeroMart exclusive rights to use, reproduce, and/or modify the submitted artwork for all purposes. The artist will be credited whenever the artwork is used, and a contract will be sent to the winner(s) if their poster will be featured on HeroMart.
📏 Size Requirements:
Dimensions: 24" x 36"
which is 3600 x 5400 pixels at 150 DPI
Please keep in mind that the final product will be converted into CYMK mode since that’s required for printing physical posters.
📝 Submission Rules:
- 1 entry per player.
- Sorry, no collaborations or group submissions will be accepted.
- Participants must create an original poster design based on their favorite Artix game(s), or Artix Entertainment in general.
- Example: you can design a poster depicting an epic battle from AdventureQuest Worlds, or you can make a collage of your favorite Artix NPCs, monsters, or villains from your favorite games!
- Artwork can be in your own style, or it can closely match in-game art. Keep the Artix style as inspiration, but let your own art style shine bright!
- You may use any design software or medium of your choice. But no AI generated art allowed.
- You MUST include a sketch, line art, concept art, etc of your work so that we know you actually created it yourself. (Protip: snap a photo of your work *before* you begin coloring!)
- All artwork must be submitted as a .PNG (preferred) or a .JPEG. High resolution always looks good.
- If working in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other program, be sure to save & keep your work as a .PSD, .AI, or .SVG. You are not required to submit your working file, but make sure to keep it in a safe place in case you’re a winner!
- This goes without saying, but entries must not contain any offensive material, and plagiarism will result in disqualification.
✅ How to Enter:
- Sketch your poster design (and take a pic!)
- Finish your poster design
- Fill out the contest entry form on Google Form here
- Upload your sketch on the Google Form
- Upload your completed artwork on the Google Form
- Submit your artwork on the Google Form by no later than Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 11:59pm ET
🦋 Social media your thing?
Feel free to also submit your entry on Twitter so the world can see your amazing artwork!
- Upload sketch and finished poster to @AE_Contests
- Include your AQW in-game name in your tweet
- Use #HeroMart hashtag so we don’t accidentally miss your entry
- Send tweet and share with your friends :)
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact @AE_Contests on Twitter so I can easily answer your inquiries!
On behalf of everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart, we look forward to seeing your imagination shine and your creative designs! We all wish you the best of luck in the HeroMart Poster Design Contest!
Beleen, the panel of judges, and everyone at Artix Entertainment and HeroMart
April 22, 2011
Spring into fun- Grenwog and Earth Day Seasonal Rares!
That's right, we've got two egg-citing events- Grenwog and Earth Day- returning, and they're chock-full of cheap Marshmallow Cheep pets, Evolved and Regular Berserker Bunny Armors that will drive you bananas, and a pastel basketful of all your favorite gear from last year's events!
Grenwog is an egg-cellent time to go hunting!
Talk to Cabdury (the friendliest, most inedible bunny in town) to access this year's Egg Hunt quests! Collect the eggs hidden around BattleOn and the rest of the town to unlock the Backpack of Eggs and the Vorpal Bunny pet! (Note: Any Vorpal Bunny will be able to access the quests to get this year's regular Berserker Bunny items. Enjoy!)
And once you've collected all those, why not try Cabdury's Treat Hunt to unlock the Evolved Berserker Bunny set? The merge items will drop from the bosses in Greenguard Forest. With an Armor, a Helm, a Spear, and a Long-sword, you'll have a bun-tiful amount of items to choose from! The Evolved Berserker Bunny Armor also requires the drop from the final Vorpal Bunny quest.
Grenwog gear, collect it all! (Or as much as you can carry):
- Evolved Berserker Bunny set!
- Berserker Bunny 11 armor, helm, and longsword!
- Daisy on your back cape!
- Mayflower and Marshmallow Cheep pets!
- Fire Egg Staff, Carrotine Cutter, ChickenCow Club!
- And much more!
Help the scene become more green this Earth Day!
Captain Lore is back again, and it looks like the area is still polluted! Be a hero, join the clean-up crew! With two new quests and a shop FULL of awesome new items, you'll want to reduce, reuse, and recycle as many elementals as you can! Captain Lore's shop will unlock after you do the two new quests.
Green gear to grab up:
- Elemental Orbs Cape
- Earthen Staff!
- Compact Fluorescent Stick!
- Arbor Armor!
- Bucket Head Helm!
- Cardboard Sword!
- And so much more!
The Fear Chaser event is still available!
In the fearsome Fear Chaser event, Ayi Jihu chases down Fears and has asked you to face down Fear Manifestations to save Lore from a terrifying fate! Due to requests made by many enthusiastic fans, the our latest musical event (full of C-major mayhem and frightful foes) will be available to ALL players until next Friday!
An all-new, all-game art contest!
You guys keep asking for more, so we're starting up a brand-new art contest. Get ready to draw on those art skills and paint the contest thread red! You can submit a piece of artwork in ANY medium and based on ANY of Artix Entertainment's games! (Just make sure your work is original.) More details about the contest can be found on our forum. Be sure to read and follow the rules carefully!
AEXtras is still a great way to get FREE ADVENTURECOINS and even FREE ARTIX POINTS, and with new Inventory, Bank slots and Premiere Event rares to buy there's never been a better time!
Just CLICK HERE to get started!
Or, You can jump onto your Master Account and start earning free Artix Games Points using AExtras and use those Points to get stuff in ANY of our games!