January 28, 2015
In game Mod and Tester Hunt
STATUS: ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS
Our in-game moderators and testers are amazing... and more, they're volunteers! They do not get paid for the many hours they spend each week helping keep the game safe and fun for everyone. Because they're volunteers, real-life has to come first; that means that occasionally, we lose some team members to outside responsibilities...but we ALSO get to bring on MORE new team members!
And that's why we're here today.
STATUS: NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Not sure what the differences between Mods/Testers are, Cysero made a great FAQ.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST FIRST BEFORE APPLYING AS SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED
Foreign Language Mods Needed!
Sora here. I am looking for new mods for AQWorlds (and HeroSmash), and now is your chance to apply! One thing I have to stress - you MUST be 18+. If you are under 18, if you don't include your age, or if you start with "I'm not 18 yet, but..." the application will not be considered. Take a moment to read that last part again since every time we get players under 18 apply for some reason. Reading and understanding directions are key elements.
This time around I am ONLY in need of moderators who are bilingual (or more) in English and one of the following languages: Tagalog, Portuguese, Spanish.
Not bilingual? Don't worry! You can either wait until the next call for Mods or you can apply to be a Tester (see below).
More Testers Needed!
We release new content EVERY WEEK! (Sometimes, multiple times a week!) If you are an experienced, friendly, and helpful AQWorlds player, know the game inside out, upside down, and right-side 'round, and are willing to spend countless hours playing the game to test, break, and help FIX it... then Stratos wants YOU!
Here is what we are looking for. Someone who is:
- Experienced (this does NOT mean you have to be level 50+ but you should have played long enough to understand the game)
- Knowledgeable (you should know how all the various parts of the game play)
- A good communicator (if you cannot explain the bug you've experienced, we cannot fix it)
- Easy to work with (our testers work hard and have fun. Since this is a volunteer position, we want everyone to enjoy what they do and who they work with)
What We Need From You
Whether your considering applying for a Moderator or Tester you'll need to do the following:
- Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line AQW TESTER APPLICATION or AQW MOD APPLICATION. If you don't the filter will delete your application.
- Include your real name, age (18+ only)
- Include your country of residence
- Include your AQW Game account name and email address
- Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account
- Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account
- Include all Languages you speak/read
- Include a Resume (C.V.) *please note we'd like the resume in English.
- TESTER ONLY Include the days and times you're available to help out! We really need some people who can help during Friday's release testing (afternoon to early evening server time) but if you can't, don't worry - some types of testers can do their work at any hour.
- MOD ONLY A paragraph telling us what you think being a mod will mean and any experience you have that you think makes you a good candidate.
One application per person. If you apply for both put everything in one email. We will read and consider all applications, but cannot reply to them all. Make sure your application is correct before sending it, multiple or incomplete applications will be deleted. It will take some time for Stratos and myself to get through all the applications so please be patient. If you are chosen to go through a further interview, we will contact you by e-mail. If we do not respond, we want to thank you for being awesome enough to volunteer! Deadline for applications is Midnight server time Sunday February 15th!
For both applications we will be looking at your AQW account history, social networking and forum accounts if you have them, and arranging an in-game interview to talk one-on-one with potential candidates.