February 10, 2023
NPC Friendship Feature + Hero's Heart Day
Log in for love and friendship this weekend!
As we begin celebrating Hero's Heart Day this weekend, we're ALSO laying the groundwork for new functionality: NPC friendships! Log in this weekend and /join battleodium to begin building your friendships with select NPCs. Talk to them and give them gifts to build your friendship levels over time. Eventually, you'll be able to get additional rewards, farming resources, boosts, and more! Plus, battle through an all-new story adventure from returning guest writer, Beleen!
And don't miss the rest of this month's update. See the full release lineup here: AdventureQuest Worlds calendar.
NPC Friendship System Tips and Tricks
A quick TL;DR guide to NPC Friendships! Log in and /join battleodium to begin building your friendship levels with select NPCs. You'll find the Friendship UI by clicking on the Character Icon.
How to build your friendship:
- Visit an NPC.
- Talk to them and give them a gift once a day. (Gifts can be obtained by killing monsters in the map)
- Use gifts to increase your Friendship Meter.
- Reach max friendship with that NPC to get a gift from them.
You will get the NPC's reward if you meet the following criteria:
- Have a good relationship with the NPC
- Gift them something they like. In return they will gift you their reward.
- Some NPCs are easier to make friends with, some are harder.
- Different gifts will have a different impact. If an NPC really likes a gift, you'll get more points for giving it. If they really dislike the gift, it'll take away points.
- Try out different gifts to see who likes what, and which gift will get the best reaction from each NPC.
- You'll see a green check mark appear in your Friendship List to help you track who you've visited.
- Regular contact IS important. You'll lose 1 full heart if you don't visit an NPC for 3 or more days.
- The /battleodium and /greyguard maps are not part of our seasonal Hero's Heart Day events. They will be permanently available.
- We'll be adding more NPCs to this system over time. Let us know which you'd like to see added in the future!
NPC Friendship Gifts*
*Update on Image Rewards
Lord Brentan - Combat Trophy Rewards
1-2 full hearts for x5
3-5 full hearts for x15
6 full hearts for x25
Xing/Xang - Spirit Orb Rewards
1-2 full hearts for x10
3-5 full hearts for x20
6 full hearts for x40
Sweet New Rewards
Getting the sweet new Valentine’s Day gear will be as easy as falling in love! Find all-new and returning Valentine's themed gear when you talk to NPCs in the /love and other holiday event maps. Plus, talk to Beleen in /battleodium after you finish all her quests to find a merge shop full of even MORE gear.
New monster drops:
Each of the new monsters in tonight's release drops its 0 AC non-member helm and a member-only pet version.
- Shadowscale pet + helm
- Eclipson pet + helm
- Maulignant pet + helm
- Shadeling pet + helm
- Vileture pet + helm
- Twilighteeth pet + helm
- Carcass Creeper pet + helm
- Widowing pet + helm
- Fearweaver pet + helm
- Darkbark pet + helm
- Diemond pet + helm
- Gloombloom helm*
- Odium Boss helm
New merge shop items:
- Shadow Rouge Armor**
- Shadowed Love Hat**
- Dark, Violent, Ardent, and Passionate Axes of Friendship**
- Lovely Deity Armor (3 variants)
- Lovely Deity Hair, Locks, and Cascade
- Lovely Deity's Winged Halo, Wings, and Winglets
- Lovely Deity's Bow + Dark Bow
- Dark Lovely Deity Wings + Winglets
* The Gloombloom's pet will release later on this month as a 0 AC daily login gift drop.
** Beleen chose several of her favorite classic Hero's Heart Day items to be "darkened" for this weekend's update.
Seasonal Hero's Heart Day Events Return
In the real world, Valentine’s Day is a holiday full of emotion -- most people either love the hearts, the pink decorations, and the cheerful cheesy romance... or they love to rebel against the idea of it all. This weekend, log in and get ready to slay your way through (friend)zones full of unloved undead, disgrunted draconians, and long-lost loves as we bring back all our seasonal Hero's Heart Day events.
(Happy endings not guaranteed... but at least you can get some sweet loot out of the deal.)
- /love (event hub town)
- /arcadia (new this year!)
If you haven't played through last year's event... now's your chance! In Big Mama’s 💖Tournament of Love💖, you'll be transported to farm from your home on Lore to a mysterious new realm where LOVE rules. But on this adventure, YOU aren't the only Hero on the quest... winning a date with you is also the quest REWARD for Sepulchure, Gravelyn, and Vampire Queen Safiria!*
Now that her most honored guest / Grand Prize is here (that's you!), the final round of Big Mama's tournament can begin! /join arcadia to start your adventure!
* Oooooh yeah, this event's outside the normal canonical time. But the interactions between Gravelyn and Sepulchure make up for ANY oddities.
Leaving Soon: mark your calendars
Don't miss out on your favorite limited time events, stories, and gear!
Friday, February 17th:
- Beleen's Pink items in your Featured Gear Shop
Friday, February 24th:
- Yokai New Year
- Lorebowl gear + /punt map
- Pancake Day gear
Friday, March 10th:
- Hero's Heart Day featured rare gear
Daily Gift Schedule
Log in each day for a new server-wide reward item, boost, or drop rate increase. Bookmark this page to keep up to date with all of daily gifts! And don't miss the rest of this month's update. See the full release lineup here: AdventureQuest Worlds calendar.