March 31, 2023
PvP Puzzle Game Imported to AQW
Play AS a Pony in NeighQWorlds: Pony vs Derp
Calling all foal villains and rodeo heroes: we herd you want MARE PONIES? If you're a fan of the original Ponies vs Ponies game we released back in 2012, you're going to LOVE this weekend! We've imported the puzzles, the ponies, and all the smol-lest pets... and added the ability for you to play AS a Pony! No joke O_O!!!
Log in now to play NeighQuest Worlds: Pony Vs Derp!
- /Join MagicMeaderp and talk to Neighbeleen
- Gallop through the zone as a pony and encounter super-cute creatures
- Play the AQWorlds version of the Pony vs Pony puzzle game with derp'd pets
- Defeat the DerpNightMare to unlock its secret
- Complete quests to earn tickets to create SUPER CUTE gear
Right now, you can /join magicmeaderp to play through the holiday version of the event + collection the seasonal rare gear.
Once this month is over ends, the derp creatures will revert to their normal adorable selves in the /magicmeadow map. But this time NEXT YEAR, they'll change back to their a-derp-able variants.
March 31, 2023
April Fools 2023 Rare Gear O_O
OMG MLP! My Little Pirate Commander Gear is Here
This is no joke. To celebrate the release of Beleen's BEST event yet, NeighQuest Worlds: Pony vs Derp... we combined a fan favorite armor set with... PONIES! This weekend, head to the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu to get the Dashing Pirate Commander and Magical Pirate Commander sets!
These are the first two of four My Little Pirate Commander set. The Pinkie Pirate Captain and Gentle Pirate Captain are on their way soon!
March 28, 2023
Friday's Game Release Written by Beleen
I wrote the April Fools Day event, and that’s no joke!
Howdy frens! April Fools Day is only a few days away, and, unless the AQW team has been sneaking spoilers on Twitter, this year’s event is going to make even the neigh-sayers laugh! This is the 3rd release written by yours truly and incorporates 3 of my most favorite things in the world. Sure, there’s going to be a little bit of pink involved – that’s obvious – however, that’s not the mane point of the event; you’ll soon find out everything straight from the horse’s mouth, I promise you. But you won’t have to wait furlong since the April Fools event is launching this Friday, March 31st!
It's not what you think. Promise!
Did you know April Fools Day originated in France in like the 16th century? Back then, the New Year was celebrated at the end of March, so when the Gregorian calendar was introduced, the New Year was moved to January 1st. Yet some people still celebrated the New Year in late March, and this was seen as foolish by the new new-year adopters. Thus, the tradition of playing pranks and jokes on April 1st was born, and AQWorlds has been celebrating April Fools Day every year since 2009 🤗
DID YA KNOW our 1st April 1st event was when Zorbak redrew Battleon with the Mystic Pencil of Endless Scribbles? It seemed sorta sketchy at first, but then again, that was the (pencil) point… *audible groans* Tehehe! That was one of my favorite and most memorable releases ever, so I sincerely hope my new April Fools event stirrups as much fun as Zorbak did 14 years ago!
Needless to say, I canter wait <3
March 27, 2023
Now Available: Slayer's Scavenger Hunt
Log in and fight to complete today's new Scavenger Hunt
Log in now and battle the Frogzard in /battleontown to get the Slayer's Scavenger Hunt clue. Decipher the hint to figure out which monster drops today's two rare 0 AC weapons. The clue + monster drops will be available through April 10th.
To make sure everyone can easily find the clue itself, it drops off the Frogzard in /battleontown.
- Read + decipher the clue to figure out where the rewards are.
- Head to the monster you THINK has the new 0 AC rare drops and battle for a chance to get them
- The clue + 0 AC rare rewards will drop through April 10th.
Check out last week's Shadowy Scavenger Hunt in this post. Its clue + reward drop will be available until March 27th.
Scavenger Hunt? What is this?
Recently, we've been making some changes to the daily login gift lineup based on your feedback. This month, we're trying out some different ideas... like the new weekly scavenger hunts we've released recently.
The second one ended last night, and our third one will be available until next Tuesday. The fourth hunt begins NOW as we prepare for this weekend completely normal Friday release!
Note: You don't need to have the clue in your inventory or bank in order to get the reward drop from the monster. If you learn where it is from a friend, a video, or the wiki, that's also fine! Getting the clue just adds to the fun of the hunt for those who want the mental challenge.
March 27, 2023
Monday, March 27th Updates
News, News, News! Come hear all about it!
Haii Everyone! With so many players on so many different platforms, the team and I found that our information had become really scattered over the last few years. Last month, we began these "round-up" Design Notes posts to make sure everyone has access to all of the same info, no matter which platform you use! Read on to see what changed recently.
Recent Bug Fixes
The following issues should have been addressed with today's restart:
- Quests requiring Tendurrr The Assistant as a turn in requirement has been adjusted to just require owning him instead.
- Assisting Oblivion Blade, Assisting Crag and Bamboozle, Assisting Drudgen, The Game of Gemstones, Nulgath's Messenger, Kiss the Void
- Hollowborn Reaper's Scythe - Now requires Death's Scythe instead of Incarnation of Glitches Scythe.
- Hollowborn Reaper's Daggers - No longer requires Incarnation of Glitches Scythe to merge.
- Hollowborn Reaper's Karma - No longer requires Incarnation of Glitches Scythe to merge.
- Hollowborn Reaper's Karmas - No longer requires Incarnation of Glitches Scythe to merge.
The First Speaker Updates
The First Speaker is hard. Like, really hard. We’re listening and have heard your praises, complaints, strategizing, and victories. This level of difficulty will remain a one-off, and future bosses won’t be at this level for a very long time. A multi-year saga ending boss that shows that you’ve really conquered the game.
We spend a lot of time with these bosses in development. Testing different solutions, approaches, and thinking about how different types of players would approach them. Here’s a quick glimpse into some of the questions we try to answer when putting together these fights:
These questions must be positive before a boss can release. We work with many limitations, like system performance and lag, and we do think about them- such as making all bosses have static rotations and allowing at least two seconds to respond to most important mechanics.
- Can you beat it in a party of f2p friendly classes?
- Is the boss unengaging, uninteractive, or unfun?
These questions have strong determinants on difficulty and are generally answered positively before release.
- Can you beat it in a party of 3?
- Are there at least 4 unique class combinations that can beat it?
- Is the difficulty due to execution, gearing, or both?
- Is it possible to beat in a public party? (only ingame chat, people you haven’t played with before)
- Can you beat it without potions or boost weapons?
But sometimes, things still go unseen. Over the weekend, several new tactics and solutions were discovered using unintended interactions that made the fight easier than intended. Because many of you really enjoyed the level of difficulty and accomplishment that came with this, we’ve decided to address those by keeping the boss difficult (but speeding it up a bit), without affecting how most strategies work. As well, we’ve made the rewards faster to obtain and stronger.
The First Speaker boss updated:
- The First Speaker will return to position upon Power Split
- Healing reduced by 25%
- Scintillation defense buff reduced (100% -> 75%)
- Magia Burn magic vulnerability per stack increase (100 -> 300%), duration increased (16 -> 18)
- Sanctity duration reduced, and Equalizer will kill you if you have it and are hit
These changes make the fight faster, and prevent a few unintended interactions. It won’t affect most strategies outside of speeding up the fight.
Vohu's reward shop prices changed:
- Goddess of War damage bonuses increased (40% -> 50%)*
- Goddess of War no longer requires Insignia (5 -> 0), but now requires additional components
- War Blade of Power, Speed, Strength, Wisdom, and Courage Insignia price reduced (10 -> 7), but now requires additional components
- Malgor ShadowFlame Blade Insignia cost reduced (25 -> 20)
*Further update: Based on feedback, the merged armor will remain 40% to races, and instead, a quest will become available later this week to upgrade it to 50% and more rep and class rep boost.
These changes make the rewards stronger and require less boss kills to obtain, while increasing farming time spent outside the boss in return for the power.
Bugs Note from Cemaros
While optimizing inventory flow, there was an error resulting in the buyback shop in the Account manager not showing some items. This issue has now been resolved.
March 24, 2023
Spring 2023 AdventureCoin Bonus
Get 50% more ACs with any Membership or AC Pack
Your luck is in! To help you celebrate and make the most of all our Spring holiday events, get 50% more FREE bonus AdventureCoins with any AdventureCoin or Membership package you buy through Tuesday, April 4th.
Get 60,000 ACs while our Spring Bonus is on!
During our 2023 Spring AdventureCoin bonus, get 60,000 ACs for $99.95 (that's 20,000 ACs more than normal!) and unlock your choice of upgrade bonus pack, 15x Rep, Gold, Class Points, and XP server boosts, and the Mythic Item of Digital Awesomeness (IoDA).
Mythic Item of Digital Awesomeness?!
The Mythic Item of Digital Awesomeness (or MIoDA for short) is a miscellaneous item you will get by purchasing the 40k AdventureCoin pakage. Like the other IoDA items, it allows you to choose any item in the game when you redeem it through your Account Manager.
How to Claim your MIoDA Prize
Make sure you have a confirmed email address attached to your game account, and then follow these steps:
- Decide on the item you want
- Log into your Account Manager
- Click on the "Awesome Prizes" link on the sidebar
- You'll see a list of the IoDA tokens you have available
- Choose from a list of ALL the eligible item rewards
- You'll be taken to a verification page to confirm your choice
That's right! Several times each year, we have bonus AdventureCoin offers, where we'll increase the amount of ACs you get with each AdventureCoin or Membership pack. (example: Summer, Back to School, and during the holidays). Bonus amounts and dates may change from year to year, so keep an eye on the Design Notes and social media for more news of future bonuses.